#FoodFriday is back! After having had some cool collaborations in our fitness section (thx to Angel Chan!) we learned that nutrition is rather important when it comes to a healthy lifestyle. A few weeks ago we now had the chance to try an online supermarket here in Bangkok. Now we’re bringing it all together and bringing you some cool and delicious recipes that you can try on the weekend. You’re welcome.
Let the slow cooker do the hard work!
This hearty and delicious veal stew takes just a few minutes of active time. Once you’ve got it cooking, set it and forget it for 9 hours.
You’ll arrive home to a house filled with the savoury smells of tender veal stew. If you are now looking for new recipe, please go to www.delishop.co.th
SLOW COOKER VEAL STEW (สตูเนื้อลูกวัว)
Total Time: 8h 40min l Serving: 6
2 lb (1 kg) veal stewing cubes
2 cups (500 mL) carrot slices, about ½-inch (1 cm) thick
1 cup (250 mL) diced onion
3 garlic cloves, minced
¼ cup (50 mL) all purpose flour
2 cups (500 mL) chicken stock
1 tsp (5 mL) dried rosemary
½ tsp (2 mL) dried thyme
1 can (14.5 fl oz) diced tomatoes
1 cup (250 mL) peas
1. In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine veal, carrots, onion and garlic.
2. Sprinkle in flour and toss to coat.
3. Stir in stock, rosemary, thyme and diced tomatoes.
4. Set temperature to low setting and cook for 8 hours.
5. Uncover and stir in peas, increase cook setting to high. Cook for another 30 minutes.
6. Serve with crusty bread and a side salad.
Latest posts by Sascha Funk (see all)
- 15 best Fun Sports Activities in Thailand - August 9, 2018
- Thailand’s patriarchy – how and why sex offenders get away with it - August 5, 2018
- Thailand’s SOTUS problem - August 4, 2018