#FoodFriday is back! After having had some cool collaborations in our fitness section (thx to Angel Chan!) we learned that nutrition is rather important when it comes to a healthy lifestyle. A few weeks ago we now had the chance to try an online supermarket here in Bangkok. Now we’re bringing it all together and bringing you some cool and delicious recipes that you can try on the weekend. You’re welcome.
Frittatas are the perfect meal that you can serve them for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
SWEET POTATO & BLUE CHEESE FRITTATA (ใข่เจียวมันเทศกับบลูชีส)
Total Time: 1h 20min l Serving: 4-6
1 large sweet potato
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 medium onions
6 large eggs
100 g blue cheese
1 whole nutmeg , for grating
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/gas 5.
2. Rub the sweet potato with 1 tablespoon of oil and season with salt and black pepper. Bake for 40 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove and leave to cool.
3. Peel and finely slice the onions. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a 26cm ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat, add the onion, pop on the lid and cook for 20 minutes, or until soft. Leave to cool.
4. Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Crumble in the cheese, then add the onion, and scoops of sweet potato flesh, discarding the skin. Add a good grating of nutmeg, then season.
5. Wipe out the pan and coat with 1 tablespoon of oil, then add the egg mixture and fry over a medium heat until the eggs start to settle and cook.
6. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 3 more minutes, then transfer to the oven for 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
7. Delicious served with a seasonal salad.
Latest posts by Sascha Funk (see all)
- 11 female fitness related Instagram accounts to follow in Thailand - June 17, 2018
- Fixing Beats By Dre Headphones in Bangkok - June 15, 2018
- 7 Bangkok districts you should know [infographic] - June 13, 2018