#FoodFriday is back! After having had some cool collaborations in our fitness section (thx to Angel Chan!) we learned that nutrition is rather important when it comes to a healthy lifestyle. A few weeks ago we now had the chance to try an online supermarket here in Bangkok. Now we’re bringing it all together and bringing you some cool and delicious recipes that you can try on the weekend. You’re welcome.
This time of the year, everyone in the family would catch up to celebrate the Christmas and New Year together. If you got a big family and you’re the one that prepare the food for everyone, we could predict that right now you’re looking for a nice recipe that would make them wanted to come home to have a lovely meal together. The recipe that we’ll provide you today could be an option! Check a new recipe every week at www.delishop.co.th
Provençal White Wine Beef Daube(สตูเนื้อไวน์ขาวสไตล์ฝรั่งเศส)
Total Time: 5 hrs 30mins l Serving: 8-10
4 tbs extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbs brandy, eau-de-vie or Cognac
6 pounds boneless stewing beef, such as round, shin, blade or chuck, cut into 3-ounce chunks
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 large onions, thinly sliced
4 carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
4 ounces mushrooms, trimmed and thickly sliced
1 head garlic, cloves separated, smashed and peeled
Grated zest of 1 orange, more for garnish (optional)
2 ripe tomatoes, chopped, or 1 cup canned tomato purée
2 bottles white wine
1 bouquet garni (1 small bunch fresh parsley, 6 to 8 sprigs fresh thyme or and 2 bay leaves, tied together or bundled in cheesecloth)
½ to 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
¼ cup freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
Small pasta, such as orzo, mezze penne or conchiglie, for serving
1. In a large bowl, combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, the Cognac, the beef and a generous sprinkling of salt and pepper. Cover and set aside to marinate at room temperature for 2 hours.
2. Place a rack in the center of the oven and heat to 325 degrees.
3. In a wide, heavy casserole with a tight-fitting lid, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat until it shimmers. Add onions, carrots, mushrooms, garlic, orange zest and 2 big pinches salt; stir well to coat and heat through. Reduce heat to low, cover, and sweat (cook without browning) for 8 to 10 minutes, until onions and garlic are softened.
4. Add beef and its marinade, tomatoes, wine, bouquet garni and peppercorns. Stir to combine.
5. Cover and bake in the center of the oven until meat is ultratender, 3 to 4 hours.
6. When the stew is ready, adjust the seasonings with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
7. Serve over hot pasta, garnished with parsley and orange zest, if desired.
f you want to give it a try, find the ingredients for the recipe over there at delishop.co.th and let us know how you liked it!