#FoodFriday is back! After having had some cool collaborations in our fitness section (thx to Angel Chan!) we learned that nutrition is rather important when it comes to a healthy lifestyle. A few weeks ago we now had the chance to try an online supermarket here in Bangkok. Now we’re bringing it all together and bringing you some cool and delicious recipes that you can try on the weekend. You’re welcome.
The rich, sweet sauce created by braising the duck with dried fruit is absolutely amazing. We can predict that you won’t be able to resist licking your fingers after eating this sweet braised duck. JDiscover our recipe corner at www.delishop.co.th
RED-WINE-BRAISED DUCK LEGS (เป็ดตุ๋นไวน์แดง)
Total Time: 2hr 40min l Serving: 6
6 duck legs (about 4 1/2 pounds total)
1/2 cup dry red wine
2 heads garlic, cloves separated and peeled
8 fresh thyme sprigs or dry
1 cup mixed dried fruit such as dried sour cherries, chopped dried apricots, chopped pitted prunes, and raisins
5 cups chicken broth
Accompaniment: buttered noodles or roasted and mashed potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. and season duck legs with salt and pepper.
- 2. In a heavy kettle just large enough to hold legs in one layer, cook legs, skin sides down, over moderately high heat 10 to 15 minutes, or until skin in scrip and mahogany colored.
3. Turn legs over and cook until browned on the other side, about 2 minutes, transferring to a plate.
- 4. Pour off fat from kettle and deglaze with wine, scraping up brown bits. Boil wine until reduced to a syrup and add garlic, thyme and 1/2 cup dried fruit.
- 5. Return duck legs, skin sides up, to kettle and add broth. Bring mixture to a simmer and braise, uncovered, in oven 2 hours, or until legs are very tender. Transfer legs to a platter and keep warm.
- 6. Pour braising mixture into a 1-quart measuring cup and let stand until fat rises to the top. Skim off fat and pour liquid through a sieve into a saucepan, pressing hard on solids.
- 7. Boil liquid until reduced by about one third and slightly thickened and add remaining 1/2 cup dried fruit.
- 8. Simmer sauce until fruit is softened, about 5 minutes, and season with salt and pepper.
- 5. Serve duck legs with sauce and noodles or roasted and mashed potatoes.
Latest posts by Sascha Funk (see all)
- 11 female fitness related Instagram accounts to follow in Thailand - June 17, 2018
- Fixing Beats By Dre Headphones in Bangkok - June 15, 2018
- 7 Bangkok districts you should know [infographic] - June 13, 2018