#FoodFriday is back! After having had some cool collaborations in our fitness section (thx to Angel Chan!) we learned that nutrition is rather important when it comes to a healthy lifestyle. A few weeks ago we now had the chance to try an online supermarket here in Bangkok. Now we’re bringing it all together and bringing you some cool and delicious recipes that you can try on the weekend. You’re welcome.
The wine sauce is so delish!
The succulent Mussels in Wine Sauce are the perfect aperitif for any meal. Light, flavorful, and cooked in a delectable wine sauce that’s slurp-worthy. You’ll want some crusty bread to soak up all the savory sauce from the bowl. See our new recipe every week at www.delishop.co.th
Mussels in Lemon Butter Wine Sauce (หอมแมลงภู่ในซอสไวน์ขาว)
Total Time: 55min l Serving: 4
3 lbs mussels
2 TB salted butter
2 TB extra virgin olive oil
1 cup chopped onion
6 cloves garlic, minced
2 TB freshly squeezed lemon juice
½ cup chopped canned plum tomatoes, drained well
1 cup good quality white wine
3 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
fresh lemon wedges for serving
freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. In a large non-aluminum stockpot or Dutch oven, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat. Add onions and cook 4 minutes.
2. Add garlic and stir 2-3 minutes or until garlic/onions are translucent. add lemon juice, drained tomatoes, parsley, wine, salt, and pepper.
3. Bring to a boil and boil 3 minutes uncovered (sauce will be reduced.)
3. Add the mussels, stir to coat, and cover pot. Shaking a few times during cooking to distribute heat. Do not overcook.
4. Placing them in a serving bowl.
5. Pour wine sauce with chopped veggies over the mussels.
6. Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley. Serve immediately with fresh lemon wedges.
The ingredients for the recipe can be found here at delishop.
How did it work out for you? Did it taste good? Let us know in the comments!
Latest posts by Sascha Funk (see all)
- Vaping in Thailand - January 12, 2018
- Chef’s Secret – Healthy Food Delivery Review - January 8, 2018
- Thailand. Unplugged. – Saree Jitta – Personal Trainer with a story - January 6, 2018