#FoodFriday is back! After having had some cool collaborations in our fitness section (thx to Angel Chan!) we learned that nutrition is rather important when it comes to a healthy lifestyle. A few weeks ago we now had the chance to try an online supermarket here in Bangkok. Now we’re bringing it all together and bringing you some cool and delicious recipes that you can try on the weekend. You’re welcome.
A healthy gluten free meal that you’ll fall in love with!
These zucchini boats make a great addition to any table as a side dish or stand alone meal.
They’re filled with the flavors of smoked tomato chutney. This low carbohydrate, high protein meal will leave you feeling satisfied!
View a new recipe every week at www.delishop.co.th
LOW-CARB & GLUTEN-FREE ZUCCHINI BOATS (ซูกินีอบซีส)
Total Time: 40min l Serving: 4 – 6
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup diced onion
1 lb. lean ground beef
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
salt to taste
3 large zucchinis, sliced in half lengthwise and scooped out to create a “boat”
1½ cups of smoked tomato chutney
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
1. Heat a medium large skillet to medium high heat.
- Add olive oil and onions to the pan. Saute until translucent or soft, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add in the ground beef. Cook until there is no more pink in the meat, breaking up meat into small pieces along the way.
- Add in minced garlic, smoked paprika, ground cumin, and then salt to taste. Stir until combined.
- In a 13×9 inch baking dish, add zucchini boats flesh side facing up. Scoop the ground beef mixture into the “boat” part of the zucchini.
- Pour the smoked tomato chutney over the filled zucchini boats.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Cover the baking dish with tin foil. Bake for 20 minutes at 350.
- Remove the tin foil from the pan. Bake for another 5 minutes uncovered.
- Garnish with fresh parsley. Serve.
- Add additional toppings for more deliciousness!